Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Do me a solid maybe

I learned a new meaning for the word solid last weekend. My son looked inside my car (oh, no), grabbed a plastic bag, and informed me that he was going to "do me a solid". I thought he said salad, and none of it made any sense to me. After all, it was morning, and who has a salad in
the morning?
Wait a minute! The younger generation is coming up with their own sayings that their
grandchildren will find humorous. Doing a solid means doing a favor. My son was on his way to
clean out my car. Watch me turning red. Suddenly I see my mother's face saying, "A milk is a solid, Betty." In my world, that's all it was.
When I say things to my grandsons like, "Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed?", it
makes me think about how common that saying used to be. They look at me in confusion.
On purpose, I started getting out on the wrong side of the bed just to see if it made a difference. No, still grumpy.
More later.
Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment